Thursday, February 28, 2008

The chief is angry.



Don't drink the water. That is all I have to say. I have met the chief, and he was not too friendly. I can't remember if I've already explained that saying in this blog, but in Twi they say "I am going to meet with the chief" if they need to go to the restroom. Read my next article, it will explain it better. Yesterday all I ate was one kabob. My stomach is just not cooperating with me. Today I'm actually starting to feel a little nauseated. I forced down some oatmeal this morning though so hopefully I will be able to get my strength back up.

I attempted to do my laundry this week (as you can see in the picture). It was interesting to say the least. I will definitely appreciate washers and dryers so much more when I get home. And to think I used to complain about throwing my clothes in a machine and turning a knob!

I'm really excited about my classes. The creative writing class is definitely going to be my favorite. The prof has lived all over the world and has written several books. He is also friends with many famous writers.

Last night I went to a restaurant on the beach with Will, Michelle, Megan, Festus, and Daniel. Megan and I had to use the restroom so we asked the waiter where it was located. He pointed to this straw shack that had a sign that said "female" on it. We walked over to the partially enclosed hut where we saw two rocks spread apart and a slight dip in the ground. "Is that the toilet?" Megan asked me. Yes, it was. You do what you've got to do...

Well, I'm going with Michelle and Megan to the pool for a bit. Some sunshine might be good for me. I might even force down some fried yams. Go a little crazy, you know!

No comments: