Thursday, February 21, 2008

20 and corn-rowed


^ my corn rows! haha I know it might look silly but it is so much cooler in this heat!

Things here in Ghana are getting better every day now that I'm starting to understand the culture a little more. I went to Medina today with Tell (another exchange student) and 3 Ghanaian guys. They were loads of fun and had me laughing more than I have since I got here. We're going back to the beach tomorrow morning, then off to Cape Coast Saturday and Sunday. I've lost a ton of weight because my appetite is really minimal these days. I ate a hearty lunch of red red today though. Now that I'm trying more of the local food I am not as grossed out as the first week when they slapped a plate of fish heads down on the table. Don't think I'll ever be ready for those.

Check out my article in the Scene section of the East Tennessean. www.easttennessean.com

2 comments:

Lucy said...

I love it! You are not allowed to take those out until after you get home.

Neelie said...

Your hair looks SO awesome, girl! I love it.

Also, I really wish I was with you in Africa right now. I'd give anything to be going somewhere... ugh. Your awesome articles give me the travel bug so badly!

Well, love you bunches... have loads of fun for me.

<3 Eileen