Wednesday, May 21, 2008

no water...no picture

The dorm right next to mine, Jubilee Hall, has had no water for 2 weeks. This morning I was walking back from my piano practice and heard a horrible racket inside Jubilee. There were horns, trumpets, whistles, and people screaming while jumping around inside. Apparently this is how Ghanaians protest. So being the curious, aspiring journalist that I am, I wandered out onto my porch to take a picture of this madness. All of a sudden, this girl looked up and saw me. She pointed up to me and everyone turned their head and started screaming at me. "Hey hey hey you!....[more mumbling in Twi]." I guess it's not a good idea to take a picture of a riot. I immediately deleted the picture because I was afraid the angry men were going to come up to my room and demand to have my camera. They haven't been up here yet.

Blessing is still in the hospital. I went to pick him up yesterday but the nurses needed to see the results from his bloodwork. So we went over to the lab to pick it up, and the lab informed us that they lost his sample. So today Blessing will getting his blood drawn again (poor little guy!). He won't be discharged until Friday.

I'm about to go meet up with some friends at the beach. I'll be bringing my history notes to study. I've got to say, I'm really nervous about this exam. There are no tests and quizzes throughout the semester...just one cumulative exam. The exam will have a few questions for me to choose from, I have to pick 3. I will then have to write a 3 page essay on each topic. That's 9 pages in two hours...and I have to remember all the dates and everything. Needless to say, I can't wait to get back to the American education system.

Oh and we're out of water too now. I found out that would happen early this morning and so I filled a bucket so I can bucket bathe later. Fun stuff.

No comments: