Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Missing my kids.

It's days like today, when the sun shines a little brighter, that bring me back to that place. I can hear their laughter and feel their little hands as they run up to embrace me. "Kimba," they say excitedly. They're looking for the candy I always bring them in my purse. 

But things are different now, and their sweet faces have seen more than they let on. When I asked them about their lives, they left out the sad parts. They covered their bruises with smiles and allowed me to sleep at ease in the night. 

I know better now. And I haven't forgotten them. 

My plans now include the possibility of starting an organization for orphanage reform. I hope to return next summer to make a documentary, my first freelance project. If you're interested in helping me out with this endeavor, e-mail me. I need to raise a lot of money still. It costs $2,000 to get there. 

No comments: